Having a high bounce rate on pages like ‘contact us’ ‘about us’ etc is not harmful. Because it is more of call-to-action kind of pages where the purpose of the page is to have the user get the contact information or to know about the website.
Having a high bounce rate on pages like ‘contact us’ ‘about us’ etc is not harmful. Because it is more of call-to-action kind of pages where the purpose of the page is to have the user get the contact information or to know about the website. But if the bounce rate is more for the vital pages like ‘services offered’ can be destructive. Increase in the bounce rate of your website or your google analytics clearly means that your website is boring or there are some issues that really irritates your targeted customers resulting them to leave your page within no time.
• Site Speed: If your site takes a few seconds more time to load than average then there are 99% changes that users will leave your site. Google has set algorithms for each functioning of its framework to handle web related activities. Google believes that poor site speed will result in poor user experience. So, as a good digital marketer, you should have an eye on increasing the site speed.
• Managing content: Content plays a major role in improving customers engagement. If your website content is very short there are chances that user may quickly leave your site. Also, if your content is too elaborated, the user may close your site. So, managing your content is a crucial step in reducing bounce rate.
• Technical Errors: Most of us have come across this situation where we waited for minutes together just to fill and submit the application form. However, the appearance of a 404 error or technical error on your page will cause serious damage apart from just increased bounce rates. Try to find out the issue by checking the browser and device configuration.
• Excessive Backlinks: Adding more than three backlinks can lead the user to other page or site resulting in creating bounce rate for your site. Anyways, if the backlinks are given to another page of the same site then it does not cause much damage, but external links given to other sites do. Limit your backlinks to 2-3.
• Misleading Title tags: Many of the businesses use Black hat SEO techniques to get the immediate results. Thus, providing irrelevant links, titles and meta description to mislead the viewers. For example, the user might click on a link to know the best institutes in Bangalore and end up landing on a page that shows the best places to visit in Bangalore. Use of such SEO techniques can cause more harm than benefit. Always be focused on generating genuine traffic.
Bounce rates are commonly seen in most of websites/pages, but high bounce rates are something to reduce as soon as possible. By following the right procedures at the right time, it is possible to decrease the bounce rates and increase the conversions.