Tech landscape has evolved so immensely that it is difficult to unplug these technologies from our lives. With or without knowledge we have implemented these technologies in our daily activities.
Tech landscape has evolved so immensely that it is difficult to unplug these technologies from our lives. With or without knowledge we have implemented these technologies in our daily activities. The cyber world is vast, and security fissures are the common problems that occur in the online world. Revealing the private/personal/sensitive data is something that causes severe damage to any company. The Internet is a vulnerable world and susceptible to cyber threats. Though security measures taken against cybercrimes are increasing day-by-day so does the rate of cybercriminals.
The key reason for the cybercriminals to invade the business environment is the weak vulnerable database in the companies. Before implementing the security for a computer system, it is important to know the cybersecurity attacks that are commonly caused in companies and organizations. Few of the common security attacks that can be seen in a company are SQL injection attacks, Man-in-the-Middle (MITM) Attacks, Malware Attacks, Spear Phishing Attacks and Denial of services attacks.
By following proper techniques, it is possible to create a secure environment.
• Firewalls – The firewalls safeguard the systems as a computer guard. Installing firewalls in your computer prevents cybercriminals from hacking your computer systems. Also, these firewalls monitor network traffic and decide whether or not to allow this traffic to pass freely on to your network.
• Implement two-factor authentication method – The simplest and easiest way to minimize the risk is to use two-factor authentication while accessing any important or confidential details. Further, the two-factor authentication is a method in which users are granted permission only after authenticating two or more evidence.
• Install a good intrusion detection system (IDS) – This system monitors network traffic and issues alert messages when any malicious activities are discovered. But the problem with intrusion detection system is that it generates false alarms.
• Commit to an audit – once you reach a certain point in your business, safeguarding your data becomes more crucial. For this reason, committing an audit becomes more important to minimize the risk of hackers. Furthermore, cybersecurity consultants perform audit checks.
• Have a strong sign-off policy – The strong sign-off policies include making strict rules for all the employees like to return laptops and the devices before leaving the company premises. Also, vital data that are accessed by the staff is authenticated.
Normally the cybercriminals target on computer networks or devices to attack your company. So, it is often better to detect the cyber crimes in the early stages and avoid it. By implementing proper methods, we can diminish the cyber threats.